Thursday, January 12, 2012

Motivation

Over the holidays I've been asked several times about my motivation.  My inner drive and what keeps me going. How do I stay so positive with all the "stuff" that goes on in my life - and there seems to be a ton.  I've always been one to have a positive attitude but I have to admit, I have my down days too.  For me it is the inner flame that continues to burn bright from within.  For me this is the Holy Spirit which I believe lives within each of us.  When the candle is blown out, our Lord has called us home.

While here on earth my purpose is all about LOVE.  To share it, to receive it and to do what I can to make a difference in this world in the spirit of love.  The most inspirational piece I have ever read is from Nelson Mandella's Inagural Address in 1995.  It is this quote below that changed my life!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God.  Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone.  As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

What else can I say?  Have a peaceful day and with this empowerment, dare to be fabulous, brilliant, and gorgeous.  Yes, do it all!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment